We spent six days having a blast at Niagara Falls, NY and Watkins Glen, NY and surrounding areas, including Watkins Glen State Park, Robert E. Treman State Park, and Taughannock Falls State Park. We hope you enjoy our Finger Lakes Region Series:
Finger Lake Region Extravaganza Recap
My Favorite Things:
- Standing at the base of the Falls on the Hurricane Deck at Cave of the Winds, Niagara Falls, NY
- The unexpected beauty of Chateau LaFayette Reneau Winery in Hector, NY.
- Standing outside at Taughannock Falls State Park, feeling the breeze and listening to the wind blow through the trees around my campsite.
- Hanging out with my family at Watkins Glen State Park at hands-down, the best campsite EVER.
- Hiking the Gorge Trail at Watkins Glen State Park.
- Sitting in the waterfall at Robert E. Treman State Park.
One Not-So-Favorite Thing:
- The constant movement, which caused “Go-Go-Go Fatigue.” This was our first long trip in our RV and while we like having adventures, this trip taught us that we need to balance the constant activity with some leisure time. I really appreciated the slower pace that we achieved during our stay at Taughannock Falls State Park.
What We Missed:
- Letchworth State Park, which is nicknamed, “The Grand Canyon of the East.” We are kicking ourselves that we didn’t fit a visit to this natural wonder in our trip.
Tell us about your Finger Lake Region experiences. Is there something we missed?